Tuesday 12 March 2013

Pizza quest!

Hello to all pizza fans!

After three pizza hunts, I decided to make a little intro for this blog. And after about 20 more, I decided to translate it to English!

So first, a couple of definitions, since I've studied computer science :P

Pizza quest - is simply the search for a perfect pizza, much like Peter Reinhart did it in his amazing and inspiring book. I officially kicked-off my pizza quest on 15th of February, 2013, on the way to a skiing trip, when we stopped by in this great pizzeria. I haven't set any end date for the quest - but it's quite probable it might last e.g. till the end of the world comes, or till I get tired of pizza, (however, that will be quite probably later then the end of the world :-))...


Pizza hunt - is basically one expedition in search after perfect pizza. It could be a visit of a restaurant, or your own attempt to make an ideal pie. Unwritten rule says that at least one co-hunter should participate. If no one is around, however, it still counts. But I believe a pizza hunt is a perfect opportunity to get to know other people, or to catch up with old friends!

A proper pizza hunt sees not only enjoying the pizzas, but also evaluating them, memorizing the tastes for future comparisons and asking the waiters and pizzaiolos for interesting facts and stories. And apart from all that - I also write a blog post.

My ambition, except for finding a perfect pizza, is to also learn to make one (a current recipe for my pizzas can be found here). I hope it's clear that as of now (15th of May, 2015), I am still on the beginning of both of this journeys. But I know that in time, may it take 50 years, I will reach both goals. After all - it's one of my dreams. And you should follow your dreams.

Happy pizza hunting!

Fero

No comments:

Post a Comment